This page is for saving sites that the class might find useful and/or interesting. Feel free to add to the set of "interesting pages" below.
- The Most Useful Web Tools (about.com)
- Find everything faster (PCWorld)
- Is Microsoft's Vision of Search Enough to Catch Google? (BW)
- Can Serendipity Make you Rich? (BW)
- How to Find the Most Popular Searches on the Web (about.com)
- Confusing Words
- Top Ten Best Sites of 2007 (about.com)
- Information overload on the Web
- The Toxic Terabyte
- Human hardware: Foraging for information
- The future of search may be personalized but what about your privacy
- The Informed Librarian Online — professional reading for the information professional
- I Chunked a page and I liked it
- Mobile search
- Will the search for search ever end?
- Take the first step. Stop searching. Start finding. — (a review of SemantiFind)
- Future of Business Intelligence
- The economic impact of search
- Pandia Search Engine News
- Search Engine Showdown (Notess)
- Search 1.x blog
- Sources for search engine statistics
- Firstrain research suite (good for last day of class)
Last year's class
These pages are from last year's class. You might find them useful in figuring out what I'm talking about.
on iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, PC. It's free.